This weeks chat topic has been inspired by the recent incident where 6.5 million LinkedIn hashed passwords were stolen and published.
Update: LinkedIn summarizes password theft and member security efforts bit.ly/MK3YH3
— LinkedIn News (@LinkedInNews) June 13, 2012
How fast can hackers crack passwords?The answer is 2 billion combinations per second.A five-letter password has 10…lnkd.in/rNP8eh
— William Mackey (@WillMackey) June 12, 2012
If you have a LinkedIn account, you BETTER have changed your password. And you BETTER not re-use ANY of your passwords on multiple sites. 😛
— Anonymous (@YourAnonNews) June 10, 2012
We’re going to cover:
• The importance of Strong Passwords – do you use the same password across multiple sites?
• The importance of Privacy Settings – Do you know what you’re sharing (and who you’re sharing it with)?
• What applications have you allowed to access your data?
• What should you do if someone you know has their account is compromised?
• What should you do if your Social Network account is compromised?
• Tips & Tricks for keeping your account safe.
Your facilitator tonight will be Ed Butler (@ej_butler)